Access your MediaPortal server from any Windows 10 device.
This is a native UWP app that works on any device running Windows 10 Anniversary Edition or newer.
The main goal of this initial release is media browsing and streaming. Scheduling recordings and downloading media works, but scheduling and download management is missing and will be added later. Downloading is especially limited since there is currently no way to stop a download and no progress indication.
The UI is also a little rudimentary at the moment and will be improved later.
- Browse the music and video collection.
- Stream videos, music(*), and live TV.
- Selectable transcoding methods for video and live TV streaming.
- Browse the Electronic Program Guide (EPG) and watch programs or create recordings.
- Create manual and series recordings.
- My Video, Moving Pictures and TV Series plugin support.
- Manually start/stop timeshifting.
- Supports PC, phones, tablets, XBox One, and more.
- A device using Windows 10 Anniversary Update or better.
- A MediaPortal server with MPExtended plugin installed. Use version 0.6.0_beta5 or better for best results. Version 0.5.4 should work but haven't been tested and some features may not work. MPExtended 0.6.0_beta5
- (*) Music streaming does not support transcoding, so only Windows UWP supported formats can be streamed. Information about supported formats can be found here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/audio-video-camera/supported-codecs