A software Squeezebox Player for webOS devices
(BETA SOFTWARE)Squeeze Player is a software Squeezebox player built for the Touchpad and Pre3, but should work with older devices provided that the device meets certain requirements. This is a continuation of my Squeeze Control Player app, changing it from a PDK app to a hybrid app (plus a lot of bug fixes and internal improvements). This change finally allows the audio to continue playing while the app is in the background.
For the Pre/Pre+/Pre2/Veer
- webOS 2.1.0 or better
- the 'HP Maps' app (the one that adds enyo support).
- The current layout is made to fit the Pre3 and Touchpad only, so the screen will be cutoff at the bottom.
This will NOT work on the Pixi
This app is currently in beta. I'm releasing it right now because there is a demand for it and it should be stable enough for normal use. The existing design of the app is meant for debugging and does NOT reflect what the final design will be.
Features and limitations
- Works with a local Squeezebox Server, with preliminary support for MySqueezebox.com. There's currently no way to directly register the app with your MySqueezebox account. You'll first have to connect to a local server and then use a controller(or Squeeze Control) to tell the app to switch to using MySqueezebox.com. After doing this once, you should be able to connect directly the next time.
- Native decoding of FLAC, AAC, ALAC, ogg, mp3, aif, & PCM formats. Your local server will automatically convert all other formats.
- Internet Streams: Only http and Shoutcast protocols are supported, which should be most streams. This includes apps like AccuRadio, Slacker, MP3tunes.
- The free version of Pandora doesn't work. Logitech restricts it from working with software players. The paid version may work but untested, Rhapsody doesn't work.
- Streams using unsupported formats or protocols should still work if the app is connected to a local server.
- Sychronization works, but will never be perfect. A software player on a low power device is just not accurate enough.
- Supports fade in, fade out, crossfading songs.
- Supports replay gain; ie.track gain, album gain, etc.
- Supports single channel mode. From the server, you can set the player to only play the left or right channels
This app is available in the App Catalog for the Pre3 and Touchpad. For older devices, you can download it here:Download Current Version
To install this on your device you will need this: WebOS Quick Install
This software uses the code of Libav licensed under the LGPLv2.1 and its source can be downloaded here